Saturday, April 2, 2011

Happy Earth Month!

source
It's Earth Month! For the past several years, I've run a recycling & conservation club at my school, and I'm also a volunteer environmental speaker for the City of Chicago (so if you're having an event and want someone to come talk about something conservation-y like work composting*, recycling, conservation issues or rain barrels*, you can request one--fun!)

As part of training for both of those things I've learned lots of really interesting stuff, and I hope to do a couple entries each week about different environmental issues.

Get excited for:
  • Recycling
  • Energy Conservation
  • The Kill-a-Watt
  • Water Policy (which I know sounds super boring but is actually pretty interesting)
  • The Energy Bike (assuming I have actually managed to schedule it to visit my school)

Happy Earth Month!

*I don't talk about those, but other people do.

No comments:

Post a Comment